Tuesday, June 01, 2004

Long time no post... (Again)

Wow, almost a fortnight since my last post. I had no idea it had been that long. Lots to write about but little time, so I will give you some detail to follow up from where I left off and leave the recent stuff until tonight when I promise I will post a proper update!

So to recap, it turned out that I couldn't find anyone to do the quiz for me and had to do it myself. Turned out it was a very good night for them, with plenty of people turning out. Also Neil O'Driscoll (a former Asst Bar Manager from Wolseys and a genuinely nice guy) was there so we ended up walking back into Bangor together where I went to Fealtys to meet with Gail and Simon (current Wolseys manager and Gail's brother) and of course our French visitor Ryan. Well it was a pretty good night. Neil's mate Brendy (a former barman in Wolseys) has joined the Flange Band as their new singer and although he missed a ton of cues and was slightly unsure of himself at some points, he can definitely sing and I reckon will do the job very well with a bit of practice behind him. Unfortunately I missed his second gig last Thursday due to the stinking cold I've had for well over a week now. Well it turned out that after all that build up that couple of hours was all I managed to see him while he was back. I was supposed to go up to some guys house to watch the FA Cup final with him and a few others, but I got stinking drunk on the Friday night and was in no fit state to start drinking again so early in the day.

Still at least the glorious Man United won the Cup (comfortably 3-0 winners against a very poor, no disgracefully poor, Millwall team. A real shame, but they didn't even seem to try although Cristiano Ronaldo in particular simply destroyed them. That boy is going to be the best footballer in the world in a few years if he carries on at this rate. He was comfortably our best player in the second half of the season, and is developing physically as well as mentally. I don't think he ever stopped running on what looked a very hot day.

OK, enough for today as I need to get back to work! Will post a major follow up tonight including some important birthday news....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home