Monday, December 27, 2004

Not with a bang, but with a whimper...

So the pub quiz ended on Monday 20th December 2004. An historic day as it will hopefully be the last quiz I ever organise.

People have asked me reasons why I'm giving them up and whether I will miss them and, to be honest, the answer is no. However come January and when I'm not heading out on a Monday night or worrying about getting everything organised for the long day ahead, who knows? Maybe I will miss them. I know I'll miss the banter with Craig as it was only the pub quiz that kept me in touch with him for the last few years, although with the advent of poker in our lives at least there's something else to keep in touch about now! Also, I've hating writing quizzes for a long time now, and it was only the fact that I genuinely enjoyed presenting them and feedback that I got from people who took part, that kept them going for the last two years, especially going up against Cafe's big Monday nights for the last few years. With that and Craig going to Australia for a year, it just seemed a good time to call it a day.

Unbelievably, I've already had one offer to do a quiz somewhere else. I haven't said no yet, as the offer is not yet concrete, but the answer will be no. I only hope that my friendships with some people will not be harmed by saying no to them. They certainly seem to have got their hopes up judging by how far along their proposal is with my name being bandied about already. I will write some other time with the details if it all pans out...

Anyway, tonight is Craig's last night in Wolsey's so me & him and I suppose a few others will be DJ'ing to what promises to be a reasonable crowd. There should hopefully be a few people down to say their goodbyes from friends and staff of Wolsey's who have known him over the years, so should be a good one! All the other nights this Christmas have either had too few people I know out, or just way too many people out for it to be comfortable. Bloody-once-a-year-out-partying-taking-all-the-seats-and-cold-beer-from-those-of-us-out-all-year -round-bastards!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home