Saturday, January 08, 2005

Goat Starers Of The World Unite!

I've been meaning to add some new ones for a while now, so here goes the first batch. A brief explanation as to who they are and why I have added them follows:

  • Jon Ronson - He is the author of two of my favourite books of recent years, the best selling Them: Adventures with Extremists, which I don't think I can recommend highly enough. I got his new book (The Men Who Stare At Goats) for Christmas and I'm still reeling from it's revelations it but it has also inspired me to dig out 'Them' again as well as post a link to his website. He also has his own (far better designed) blog at http://fromronson.blogspot.com/ which is worth a look. You may notice he updates his regularly, albeit with very short posts. Maybe that's where I've been going wrong in waiting for some earth-shaking events to happen to prompt me to post. Actually given the devastation caused by the tsunami in the Indian Ocean caused by a massive earthquake, that was maybe not the best terminology to use. Ah well....
  • James Randi - One of my pleasures in recent years has been on a Friday evening checking the weekly commentary by this renowned magician turned international skeptic. His views on the surfeit of new age mystical bullshit that seems increasingly prevalent in recent years, particularly with regards to health matters, have rarely failed to enlighten me. I first remember him from a half remembered TV series in the late 1980's in which he displayed all the talents that psychics claim to have while showing how all of it could be done without any of the supernatural powers they claim to have. I would recommend anyone to read his commentary archive which can be found here... http://www.randi.org/jr/archive.html

That'll have to do for the first batch. I'll be adding a few more soon, as well as weeding out those that aren't really in use anymore. Obviously that means the Wolseys and Flange ones, but I'm not sure I'm ready to cut them out of my life just yet!

Just noticed that both of those people have the same initials. Weird or what!? Watch out Jonathon Ross or even Jennifer Rush!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home